COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP of HON. ARNEL U. TY
JURISDICTION: All matters directly and principally relating to natural resources, except energy and fisheries resources, and their exploration, conservation, management and utilization, lands of the public domain, mines and minerals, forests, parks and wildlife, and marine resources.
Ty, Arnel U.
Party List - LPGMA
MEMBERS: 65 Members
JURISDICTION: All matters relating to the Rules of the House, Rules of Procedure Governing Inquiries in Aid of Legislation, Rules of Procedure in Impeachment Proceedings, Order of Business, Calendar of Business, the referral of bills, resolutions, speeches, committee reports, messages, memorials and petitions, and the creation of committees inclusive of determining their respective jurisdictions. The Majority Leader shall be the chairperson, the Deputy Majority Leaders shall be the Vice-Chairpersons and the Minority Leader and the Deputy Minority Leaders shall be a member of the committee: Provided, That, the Majority Leader of the House of Representatives of the immediately preceding Congress who is still a member of the present House of Representatives shall be an ex-officio Member of the Committee on Rules.
ROSTER OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS
|1. Fariñas, Rodolfo C. (2016/07/25)
|Deputy Majority Leader
|Bondoc, Juan Pablo (2016/07/25)
|Defensor, Arthur Jr. R (2016/08/15)
|Mercado, Roger G. (2016/08/15)
|Hofer, Ann K. (2016/08/15)
|Crisologo, Vincent "Bingbong" P. (2016/08/15)
|Gonzales, Aurelio Jr. "Dong" D. (2016/08/15)
|Noel, Victoria Isabel G. (2016/08/15)
|Gullas, Gerald Anthony Jr. "Samsam" V. (2016/08/15)
|Ty, Arnel U. (2016/08/24)
Liquefied Petroleum Gas Marketers' Association (LPG/MA):
THE FIRST THREE YEARS, THE BIG FIGHT & THE FUTURE AHEAD
I. Organizational Profile & Backgrounder
- II. Moving Forward: Three Years Down the Line
- A. Mission-Vision-Objectives
- B. Tagline
- C. Programs, Advocacies & Legislations
- a. Guiding Principles in the Creations of Programs, Pursuance of Advocacies and Draft, Recommendations, Submissions and Support of Legislations
- b. Four (4) Pillars and Proposed Programs and Interventions under Each Pillar
- i. Pillar 1 (Family & Community)
- ii. Pillar 2 (Education & Youth)
- iii. Pillar 3 (Livelihood & Entrepreneurship)
- iv. Pillar 4 (Health & Wellness)
- v. Pillar 0 (Safety)
- D. Proposed Year-Round Calendar of Program of Activities
- III. Communication Plan & Branding
I. Organizational PROFILE & Backgrounder
LPG Marketers' Association (LPGMA) was organized in order that its members will have a common voice and representation on issues that affect the industry.
In the process, LPGMA has evolved into a group advocating the need of the consuming public to have access to lower-priced LPG and for them to choose to purchase any LPG brand.
LPGMA, in 2009, sought accreditation with the Commission on Election to be registered as a sectoral organization for the purpose of participating in the May 10, 2010 elections under the party list system. Its principal advocacy is protection of the right of the ordinary consumer to have access to reasonably-priced LPG and, also, to exercise their freedom to choose to buy any brand of LPG that is available in the market.
LPG is such an important commodity that affects a great number of the Filipino population. Consumers need to elect representatives to Congress to protect their interest.
II. MOVING FORWARD: THREE YEARS DOWN THE LINE
A. Mission – Vision – Objectives
LPG/MA aims to be at the frontlines of promoting safety in the Philippines – first by advocating for safety production, distribution and use of LPG especially among Filipino households, and second by ensuring safety in general – whether at the workplace, in the streets, in school, and even in family and community relationships.
1. SAFETY FIRST NG PAMILYA MO
C. PROGRAMS, ADVOCACIES & LEGISLATIONS
1. Guiding Principles in the Creations of Programs, Pursuance of Advocacies and Draft, Recommendations, Submissions and Support of Legislations
LPG/MA as a sectoral organization shall operate guided by the following principles:
a. Sustainability – To complement existing "dole-out" programs, efforts that are sustainable should
also be in place. Sustainability in terms of programs with long-term benefits, which involve the community and are measurable and replicable.
- b. Urgency & Impact – Efforts should address urgent problems and issues, and should have measurable impact to its target beneficiaries.
- c. Total Human Development Component – Efforts should be driven to achieve total human development among the beneficiaries ensuring all areas of life and human concerns are addressed or covered.
2. The LPG/MA Four (4) Pillars and Proposed Programs and Interventions under Each Pillar.
FIRST PILLAR: FAMILY/COMMUNITY-BUILDING
(PAMILYA AT PAMAYANAN)
The introduction of the family as an incorporated (but indissoluble) aspect of LPG/MA's thrust is a vital component in the quest to make the organization relevant. LPG/MA's core contention to represent the people in Congress must therefore be anchored in the felt need to protect the welfare of the family, which is the end user of every LPG sold and transacted in the country.
Family is always at the center for nation building. In order to create a strong nation, families should be fundamentally strong and well-taken-care-of. This is the reason why various institutions and organizations develop programs that help enhance the Filipino family.
Community Building Program for the FIRST PILLAR:
1. Tie-up with the Department of Interior and Local Government in hopes of introducing Family Oriented Modules for implementation in particular LGUs.
- 2. Tie-up with the Municipal and Barangay LGUs in hopes of introducing Family Oriented Modules within the LGUs itself.
- 3. Coordination with the Department of Social Welfare and Development for possible rollout replication of their existing poverty reduction programs such as the Pantawid Pamilya Program and the Sustainable Livelihood Program under the Convergence Strategy of its Poverty Reduction Bureau.
SECOND PILLAR: EDUCATION & YOUTH
(EDUKASYON AT KABATAAN)
The inclusion to take on the mandate to promote EDUCATION, through multifaceted initiatives, is a necessary step towards making the LPGMA relevant. This promotion of EDUCATION will ensure that the advocacies of the LPGMA are projected to a larger scale and implemented to a greater number of audiences. Far more critically, the promotion of EDUCATION, apart from its role in ensuring the future of our country, also shall ensure that the noble advocacies of the LPGMA are carried on until the future.
Scholarship Program for the SECOND PILLAR:
LPGMA shall continue its scholarship provision to deserving incoming college students. It shall be called ISKOLAR NG LPG/MA.
What we will do differently? Instead of blindly selecting recipients – at least on their economic status – the scholarship program shall be limited and will only be extended to prospective students from the lowest income bracket. It will now be more stringent in terms of economic qualifications.
Formula: Minimum Grade Average Requirement + No Failing Grade + Economic Status = Scholarship Grant
But more than being a scholarship grant which is passive in nature, we shall make way for the establishment of a scholars' guild to empower the scholars to be involved (kabahagi), enterprising (madiskarte), and one with the other scholars (kabalikat). The paradigm shift from being just a grantor of scholarship incentives to forming a scholars' association is in order.
1. As individuals
- a. Self-awareness trainings
- b. Leadership skills enhancement
- i. Social skills/people skills
- ii. Communication skills
- iii. Teamwork and camaraderie
- iv. Project conceptualization and management
- 2. As scholars
- a. Tutorial/ peer-to-peer academic assistance program
- b. Academic counseling and Mentoring – Mentors and academic counselors could come from The Outstanding Students of the Philippines Alumni Community – National Capital Region (TOSPAC – NCR)
THIRD PILLAR: LIVELIHOOD & ENTREPRENEURSHIP
It is said that 99.6% of Filipino entrepreneurs belong to the microsmall and medium enterprises (MSMEs) segment. While Filipino entrepreneurs pursue business to introduce and offer value-adding products and services, a very large percentage engages in business for subsistence. MSMEs particularly venture into business for additional earning for their family.
As an alternative to employment, LPGMA will recommend livelihood and entrepreneurship programs for beneficiaries. It would like to encourage pursuance of a credit facility for beneficiaries that aspire to start their own small/backyard businesses.
To help them with their business ventures, LPG/MA shall seek partnership with the Philippine Center for Entrepreneurship (Go Negosyo), the non-governmental organization that promotes entrepreneurship among Filipinos. A Negosyo Seminar (NEGOSEM) Basic could be conducted for the purpose.
Proposed Entrepreneurship Program for the THIRD PILLAR:
NEGOSEM Basics is an introductory training for aspiring entrepreneurs and a good refresher seminar for the practicing entrepreneurs. The topics that are to be covered are the following:
- Developing the entrepreneurial mindset
- Spotting business opportunities
- Product development
- Marketing overview
Aside from the credit facility in place and the trainings to help prepare them in their entrepreneurial venture, GoNegosyo can also be the source of business mentors for the benefit of the community.
A separate meeting may be held in view of drafting, reviewing and implementing GoNegosyo seminars, as well as scheduling all seminars to targeted audiences and beneficiaries.
FOURTH PILLAR: HEALTH &: WELLNESS
Thw continuity of donations of medicines and ambulances guaranteeing its own measurable impact. Likewise, Life encourages continuing donations for big government-funded medical institutions such as the Philippine Heart Center and the Philippine General Hospital and the likes.
Moreover, LPG/MA should have its own Mobile Clinic to benefit various communities particularly in depressed areas in the country. This way, health checkups and consultations could be made accessible to the people who otherwise do not have ready access for those kinds of medical services. A health caravan can be conducted for the purpose of visiting one community after the other - continuing LPG/MA's regular medical and dental missions and mass health feeding programs to public elementary schools, but this time, in a much larger scale to benefit more people and to engage more partners.